Journeyman CarpenterNEWARK, Illinois
$25.00 - $30.00
Residential new construction/restoration carpentry work from finish/trim, cabinet installs, drywalling, installing door frames, installing windows, crown molding, kitchen/bathroom remodeling, storm damage, flooring, indoor/outdoor painting (brush and roll). Site clean-up, removing debris, handling materials, working with clients/customers/contractors on site. Great communication skills. Attention to detail. Taking pride in the craft. Committed and responsible for showing up on time, daily finishing project.
Journeyman carpenter proficient with performing, building, erecting, installing and repairing forms, structures and other fixtures made from wood and other materials. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Installing foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Cleans up worksite debris.
Qualifications & Experience
- 8+ experience years of finish/rough commercial/residential carpentry experience
- Must have reliable transportation to and from jobsites
- Strong scheduling and blueprint reading experience
- Knowledge of wood framing, material management, doors, hardware install, drywall, trim, cabinets/counter tops, suspended grid, tile install, etc.
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- OSHA 10 preferred
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload wood and other materials
- Carry needed tools and materials to and from the jobsite
- Willingness to be committed to jobs/projects until full completion
- Demonstrate a great attitude and work within a team
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.