$22.00 - $24.00
The job duties of a General Laborer vary, sometimes even day-to-day at the same site. They may include cleaning and preparing a jobsite, loading and delivering materials; using different tools and machines, such as blowtorches; driving forklifts; reading levels; operating lifts; and manning power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment. Laborers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures. They help carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors.
Laborers and helpers work in all fields of construction, commercial jobs, and other businesses, and the demand for these workers should mirror the level of overall activity. We would love to add more General Laborers like you.
- Moving, securing, installing, building, loading, or unloading materials
- Assisting in the building or construction of various things
- Some specialized tasks may require on-the job training
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
- Moving items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor
- Moving dirt or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- There is no minimal educational requirement, but specialized training can help laborers advance
- Experience on commercial construction sites
- Verifiable work history that shows professional skills and experience
- Strong work ethic
- Some assignment have additional screening requirements, such as background checks and/or drug tests
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.