Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Temp to Perm
$0.00 - $24.00
As Commercial Electrician with PeopleReady Skilled Trades, you’ll support electrical contractors throughout Jacksonville, FL. In this full time role, you’ll earn up to $30 an hour (based on experience), enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits and a flexible work schedule. You can also earn up to a $1,500 bonus as part of our Respect the Craft tradesperson recognition program!
Whether you’re new to the trades or a seasoned pro, come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested? Apply today!
Hours: Monday - Friday | 8 hour shifts
- Install and repair electrical equipment and fixtures
- Install various types of raceway and cable tray systems
- Troubleshoot motor and control systems
- Perform routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems
- Review blueprints and building code specifications to determine work details and procedures
- Measure, cut and bend wire and conduit using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Perform semiskilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code as well as all safety codes
Qualifications & Experience
- • Worked with all types of Rigid Metal Conduit' RMC and IMC to include the following...
- • Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT)
- • Electrical Non-Metallic Tubing (ENT)
- • Flexible Metal Conduit (FMC and LFMC).
- • Rigid PVC Conduit
- • Knowledge of NEC a plus.
- • Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- • Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools
- • Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Be at least 18+ years of age
- 2 or more years of proven experience as an Electrician
- Proficient with electrical processes & codes
- Competent with reading blueprints, drawings, & diagrams
- Ability to bend and run conduit
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel and walk for extended periods throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior experience in the commercial field preferred
- Prior experience using hand tools, power tools, conduit benders
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.