Temp to Perm
$24.00 - $28.00
PeopleReady is hiring 10+ Shipfitters for a large contractor at Norfolk Shipyard. A Shipfitter lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames, and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding: Lays out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates and using scribe and handtools.
We are looking for both Green Badge and Yellow Badge Shipfitters
* Competitive Pay
* Overtime Available
* Long-Term Work
· Forming parts of structural assembly in connection with ship alteration and repair.
· Repairing and/or removing and replacing damaged ship structures and fittings.
· Must be able to understand and perform the setup, alignment, and operation of various portable tools and hand tools used in the trade including plasma cutting machines and oxy/fuel torches.
· In depth working knowledge of the following: shipboard plate (hull, deck, bulkhead) systems (repair/installation practices, procedures, alignments and material requirements), and blue print reading and interpretation
Qualifications & Experience
- • Minimum of 4 years recent/verifiable work experience in the ship repair industry
- • Must pass a drug screen
- • Reliable transportation required
- • Must be able to work assigned shift
- • OSHA 10 M a plus
Other Jobs in Your Area
Painter and PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNORFOLK, Virginia
Sheetmetal MechanicNorfolk, Virginia
Structural Supervisor – ShipyardNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Shipyard Project ManagerNorfolk, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.