$14.00 - $15.00
Are you looking for immediate work and that makes a positive impact for your country? PeopleReady is hiring firewatchers at multiple yards in the Hampton Roads Area. Firewatchers can be found on almost all sites, performing a wide range of tasks from very easy to hazardous. Many of the jobs they perform are physically strenuous and may require special training or experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly.
Firewatchers can work up to 60 hours per week and have a chance to be hired on directly with our shipyard contractors!
Talk to a recruiter today!
Kendra Smith 757-230-2866
- Performing visual observation of the operation area on which industrial activity is being performed and extinguishing incipient stage fires as specified.
- Prevent and extinguish incipient stage fires with a portable fire extinguisher when they occur.
- Summon emergency fire-fighting help in the event attempts to extinguish an incipient stage fire fails.
- Weigh and record the fire extinguisher bottle(s) before and after fire watch duty.
- Remain at the work site for 30 minutes (or longer if needed for affected area to cool sufficiently) after all hot work has been completed to ensure that smoldering fires have not been overlooked.
- Assist with pre-weld set up; running and stringing welding leads and hoses from the welding machines to work areas in a safe manner.
- Assist with moving welding/arcing machines, keeping welder supplied with miscellaneous materials including tools including welding wire during welding and also adjusting machine settings specifically directed by the welder.
- Assist with building and removing hot work containment (cutting tape or fire retardant materials and attaching material), operating a pass bags or rope pulls with tool bags, material and equipment less than 40-lbs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to gain access to variety of shipyards
- Can reliably to commute to jobsite everyday
- Ability to work minimum of 40 hours per work, up to 60
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.