Are you passionate about the idea of building things with your own hands? We are looking for Carpenters to complete a variety of construction projects, which can include anything from kitchen cabinets to bridges. You will use many different tools to cut and craft wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Carpenters commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, etc. fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and do a final check to ensure accuracy. Use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size. If this position sounds like your dream job, we would love for you to apply with the link above!
Carpenter pay is up to @23/hour
- Working with metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Using hand or electric tools to fabricate, cut, and install framework
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Helping place and secure wood during the building process
- Being confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work
- Measure materials or distances using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Install baseboards, window sills, and door trim.
- Company events, promotions, & recognition programs
- Referral Bonus Program (up to $500 per referral)
- Completion Bonus (approved positions)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans are available
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Plans: (High/Low plans)
- Short-Term Disability (STD) Insurance
- Critical Illness (High/Low plans)
- Accident (High/Low plans)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Identity Theft Protection Plan - Now a payroll deducted benefit offering!
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Cancer Detection Plan
- MeMD Telemedicine
Advancement Training & Certifications: (no cost)
- OSHA 10 Construction Certification
- Lift & Fall Protection Certifications
- OSHA Basic Plus
- 8 & 10-hour shifts | 5 to 6 days a week | Day shift
- Monday through Friday (Saturday & Sunday as needed)
- Overtime available
- Immediate Start
- Five year's of experience in residential or commercial carpentry preferred.
- Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- Able to occasionally lift and move 50 pounds
- Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve
- References that verify your professional skills and experience
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, pipefitting, welding, HVAC, and more.
If you’re a tradesman or tradeswoman looking for skilled trades job opportunities, look no further. Explore job openings across the country for skilled trades professions @ Skilled.PeopleReady.com.
Let’s get to work!
- For all Florida Positions Please apply online.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of experience.
- Have Reliable Transportation
- Tools for your Trade
- Be able to read a tape measure
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.