Are you passionate about the idea of building things with your own hands? We are looking for Carpenters to complete a variety of construction projects, which can include anything from kitchen cabinets to bridges. You will use many different tools to cut and craft wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Carpenters commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, etc. fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and do a final check to ensure accuracy. Use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size. If this position sounds like your dream job, we would love for you to apply with the link above!
- Working with metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Using hand or electric tools to fabricate, cut, and install framework
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Helping place and secure wood during the building process
- Being confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work
- Measure materials or distances using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Install baseboards, window sills, and door trim.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of experience.
- Have Reliable Transportation
- Tools for your Trade
- Be able to read a tape measure
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs.
Other Jobs in Your Area
HVAC & Sheet Metal MechanicTampa, Florida
Tig WelderTampa, Florida
Commercial Electrician – TampaTampa, Florida
Drywall Workers (Hangers & Finishers)Tampa, Florida
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.