Panama City, Florida
Currently seeking experienced commercial electricians located in Panama City, FL!!
Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using hand and power tools. They read blueprints, which include technical diagrams of electrical systems that show the location of circuits, outlets, and other equipment. They use different types of hand tools and power tools, such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, wire strippers, drills, and saws. While troubleshooting, electricians also may use ammeters, voltmeters, thermal scanners, and cable testers to find problems and ensure that components are working properly.
Paying up to $25/hr
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Perform task such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects
Ways to apply:
- Give our office a call to speak to a team member immediately (904) 448-6638
- Text "Panama City" along with your first and last name to 904-448-6638
- Apply directly to this posting
- Email your resume to email@example.com
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of verifiable experience with electrical systems and wiring
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (wire strippers, voltmeters, drills, conduit benders, etc.)
- Experience with bending and running conduit, electrical systems, and wiring
- Knowledge of safety procedures and state and local regulations and guidelines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices
- You will need tools of your trade and willing to bring them to your jobsite
- References that will verify your professional skills and experience
- OSHA 10 and Lift Certifications are a plus!
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.