Temp to Perm
$26.00 - $28.00
As an experienced TIG welder with PeopleReady Skilled Trades, you’ll support Commercial, Industrial, &/or Fabrication Projects (Schools, Hospitals, Multi-Family, Hotels, etc.) in the Greater New Orleans, LA & Baton Rouge, LA areas. They are seeking TIG welders to efficiently undertake a variety of welding tasks with 5+ years’ experience with welding steel, stainless steel, Chromoly, aluminum, nickel alloys, magnesium, copper, brass, & bronze. Mostly Pipe but may include supports, Structural improvements, or other planned upgrades or modifications.
In this Welding role, you’ll earn “up to” $28 an hour, enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits, and a flexible work schedule. You can also earn up to a $1,500 bonus as part of our Respect the Craft tradesperson recognition program!
Whether you’re new to the trades or a seasoned pro, come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested?
Apply today! Call David once you apply @ (504)252-5707
- Hours: 40 per week
- Review blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of materials, welds to specks, or needed adjustments to existing structures.
- Measure, Cut, assemble and install pipes, plates, & tubes with attention to existing infrastructure
- Build, install, and maintain Piping systems & supports as needed
- Install new or replace existing materials in preparation for scheduled adjustments.
- Maintain service calls, Locate & repair issues or work on installation crew for work assigned
- Perform braising, soldering, welding as needed to connect different types of piping systems
- Follow all Site, Federal, State, Local regulatory Safety and trade specific regulations & best practices
- Complete assigned task as defined in Drawings; Plans, & as-built specifications provided by management teams.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Certifications or proof of training is a big plus
- • Osha 10, Heavy Equipment, or other Certification may be a Plus based on various assignments.
- • Ability to handle welding tools and equipment required
- • Ability to understand distribution diagrams and piping system safety in commercial and industrial buildings
- • Ability to stand, bend, kneel and walk for extended periods throughout the day with or without reasonable accommodation
- • Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- • Prior experience with TIG Welding is a must.
- • Position may require a drug screens or background checks based on project, client, or site requirements
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.