$22.00 - $28.00
As HVAC Sheet Metal Mechanic with PeopleReady Skilled Trades, you’ll support general contractors throughout Sarasota, FL. In this full time role, you’ll earn $28.00 an hour, enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits and a flexible work schedule. You can also earn up to a $1,500 bonus as part of our Respect the Craft tradesperson recognition program!
Whether you’re new to the trades or a seasoned pro, come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested? Apply today!
Hours: Monday-Friday 40/hr
Assisting with loading and unloading tools and materials at the jobsite
Using hand tools and benders to construct sheet metal components, cold boxes, and HVAC components
Installing ridged and flex duct as well as ceiling and wall HVAC vents
Checking refrigerants and other HVAC components with gauges and meters
Qualifications & Experience
- Be at least 21+ years of age
- Current/Active N/A
- N/A Certification or a willingness to obtain it
- A Journeyman HVAC Sheet Metal Worker installs, operates, maintains, and repairs HVAC/R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration) systems, combustion equipment, and industrial air compressors. Sheet Metal Workers are trained in testing, adjusting, and stabilizing mechanical systems as well as servicing them. Workers will use mathematics and pattern layout development methods to build drawings to be used.
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel and walk for extended periods throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior experience in the commercial field required
- Prior experience using Hand and power tools required
- Position may require a drug screen
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.