Temp to Perm
$22.00 - $27.00
PeopleReady is hiring Marine Electricians for direct-hire and Temp to hire positions for shipyard contractors in Norfolk.
Marine Electricians install and repair wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services aboard ship and in shipyard facilities, following blueprints and wiring diagrams: Supervises and participates in the installation and/or alteration to electrical systems aboard ships.
Temp to Perm
Pay ranges from $24.00 – $27.00 for 1st Class
Hiring 1st – 3rd Class
- Must possess knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to install, maintain, and remove temporary electrical services and equipment that provides shore power, industrial power, telephone, communication, and alarm systems.
- Install, maintain, modify, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of shipboard electrical equipment, systems, and components using a variety of manual and power operated machinery.
- Install temporary alarm, telephone, lighting, and distribution systems, plan and lay out the routing, placement, type, and size of cables, transformers, distribution panels, control panels, safety switches, service trees, and miscellaneous equipment.
- Tag and identify installed services and enter information into logbooks when applicable.
- Inspect installed services and maintain in a safe, orderly and proper working condition.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair on temporary service equipment and cables.
- Troubleshoot defective equipment and take necessary corrective action.
Qualifications & Experience
- 1. Minimum 2 years experience in ship repair.
- 2. Reliable transportation.
- 3. Must have a good attendance record along with being a team player.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Shipyard PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNorfolk, Virginia
Production SchedulerNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Painter SSPCNORFOLK, Virginia
Rigger HelperNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Pipe WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Painter and PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.