Temp to Perm
$22.00 - $27.00
An outside machinist is responsible for the modification, removing, repair and/or repair and place, valves, pumps, generators, engines, shafts and other associated auxiliary equipment, test and reinstall. Assembly and installation of various ship systems and machinery for surface ship installation and repair, responsible for fixing, servicing, aligning, setting up and testing machines, equipment and devices that operate on a mechanical and electro mechanical basis. Evaluate procedures and recommends changes or modifications related to efficiency of setup and production.
- Direct Hire Opportunities
- Temp to Perm
- Hiring 1st - 3rd Class
- Ability to use and knowledge of:
- Portable grinder/ bench grinders
- Shop band saws/ portable saws
- Portable drill/drill press
- Receives instruction as to the job and work to be accomplished from supervisor.
- Acquire appropriate tools/equipment and material to accomplish job assignments.
- Ensure job site is setup in a manner that promotes safety and efficiency.
- Performs other tasks as required by the job situation.
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of the shop and equipment.
- Responsible for the repair and installation of equipment and systems, the understanding and interrupt of technical plans, technical manuals, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Use all tools to perform outside machinist work to include dial calipers, calipers rulers, micrometers, and stack height gages.
- Study and comprehend blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals specifications or samples parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence operations and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequences operations and set up requirements.
- Determine and apply system tolerances. Trouble shooting and repair of conveyors and deck edge door systems.
- Responsible for remove repair, installing and aligning of the propulsion train, including engine, reduction gear, bearing, shafting, struts, stuffing boxes and propeller.
- Remove repairing, installing and aligning rudder assembly, including bearings, bushings, rudder stocks, pintles, stuffing boxes, lifting rings and carrier bearings. Repair, install and set all types of hydraulics, steering gears, rudder and angle indicators and rudder stoppers
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in ship repair.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must have a good attendance record along with being a team player.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.