Temp to Perm
$30.00 - $32.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is now hiring Sheetmetal Mechanic 1st class for PSNS in Bremerton, WA. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as an sheet metal mechanic in the marine shipyard industry. This position is temp to perm. Competitive pay from $30-$32 an hour DOE.
Interested in this opportunity? Call and speak to a recruiter today at (757) 230-2866
Skilled Trades Recruiter: Janine Hernandez
- Assure that tank/ compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met. (Example: ventilation, lighting, safety equipment etc.)
- Assure that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written. (Example: fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.)
- Assure that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs
- Assure that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc.)
- Assure that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do (Example: JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical / mechanical repairs and etc.)
- Assure that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times
- Assure that job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure
- Must have the basic understanding of mechanical drawings, layout, assemble, install and repair sheet metal products related to Shipboard construction HVAC and Habitability
- Must have the knowledge of the various types of metals and sizes.
- Must have the ability to assist in the assemble of ventilation runs in accordance with drawings, spec’s and meet Navy shipboard standard detail requirements.
- Must have a basic knowledge of Habitability layout and installation of MJB, MJ doors, Berthing’s, Galley’s and Office outfitting. This is to be accomplished with supervisor guidance
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience
- Must be able to gain access to government facilities and obtain a security clearance
- Must have reliable transportation
- Works well with others
- Must be able to work aboard vessels, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Able to work evening and weekend hours
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.