$28.00 - $30.00
We are seeking a skilled Shipfitter to join our team to work on various shipbuilding and repair projects. As a Shipfitter, you will be responsible for fabricating, fitting, and assembling metal structures on ships according to blueprints, drawings, and specifications. Your work will ensure that the ship meets safety standards and functions effectively while navigating in rough seas.
Per Diem available for those who Qualify – $22 + $150 PD
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Any miscellaneous duties as may be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Lift or move large parts using large cranes.
- • Completion of a vocational training program in metal fabrication, shipfitting, or a related field is preferred.
- • Minimum of 2 years of experience in shipfitting or metal fabrication.
- • Proficient in the use of hand and power tools such as saws, grinders, and drills.
- • Experience with welding, bolting, and riveting techniques.
- • Familiarity with blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- • Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices for shipbuilding and repair.
- • Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- • Physical dexterity, including the ability to work in tight spaces and at heights.
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.