$20.00 - $30.00
Using welding/cutting equipment and various power and hand tools, the welder performs a variety of shop and shipboard welding trade functions. These functions include the repair and/or removal of old structural materials; the installation of new structural materials and complete fabrication of complex structural, mechanical and equipment foundations. Works under direct supervision and performs related work as required.
· Assures that tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met. (Example: ventilation, lighting, safety equipment etc.).
· Assures that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written. (Example: fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.).
· Assures that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
· Assures that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc).
· Assures that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do (Example: JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical/mechanical repairs and etc.).
· Assures that General Dynamics-NASSCO’s Safety Procedures, including testing, are utilized for all torch work.
· Assures that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
· Assures that a 30 minute cool down period has been accomplished in hot work areas.
· Assures that fire watches are assigned and maintained in the proper position.
· Assures that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
· Assures that personnel have work package and the necessary drawings, technical manuals, or specifications required for them to adequately accomplish their work assignments.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Standard tools for a welder.
- • Able to work different shifts.
- • Must have good knowledge of ship board spaces.
- • Must have knowledge of weld symbols.
- • Tack weld 11018 (SMAW).
- • Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- • Must be able to follow instructions and work well with others.
- • Basic knowledge of weld power source.
Other Jobs in Your Area
HVAC Sheet Metal MechanicJACKSONVILLE, Florida
Residential ElectricianJACKSONVILLE, Florida
Commercial CarpenterJACKSONVILLE, Florida
Commercial Roofer / Roofer HelperJacksonville, Florida
Commercial ElectricianJACKSONVILLE, Florida
Outside MachinistJACKSONVILLE, Florida
Structural WelderJacksonville, Florida
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.