San Bernardino, California
Temp to Perm
$26.00 - $30.00
PeopleReady is looking for experienced Mechanics to lend their highly sought-after skills for a permanent job opportunity in Colton, CA.
The Lube Mechanic will be responsible to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty machinery equipment. Will be driving to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
The range of pay is $25-$30 depending on experience. You’ll enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits and a flexible work schedule. You can also earn up to a $1,500 bonus as part of our Respect the Craft tradesperson recognition program! Come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested? Apply today!
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS AND RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
• Medical, Vision, Dental
• Flexible work schedule
• Referral Bonus Programs
• Weekly pay
• OSHA 10 Training – (Available if interested)
Click the link to complete an application, a dedicated recruiter will reach out to you with next steps.
Please email any inquiries or a copy of your resume to: email@example.com
• Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
• Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts, etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
• Schedule future maintenance sessions
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues.
• Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
• Inspecting excavator, grapples, shears, bobcats, forklift, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
• Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
• Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
• Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
• Performing major repair work when necessary.
• Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
• Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
• Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles.
• Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
• Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
• Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
• Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
• Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
• Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to machine and vehicle users.
• Complete mandatory weekly/monthly or as needed, safety trainings via computer in an office environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Education/Experience: 3-7 years of experience preferred. Must have experience with troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic systems, repairing hydraulic cylinders, fabricating, and welding with metal, troubleshooting, and repairing 12- and 24-volts electrical systems.
- Language Skills: Will be required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos, to write correspondence, memos, and schedule; to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and fellow staff.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
- Reasoning Ability: Problem solving, reasoning, and “thinking out of the box” will be a constant requirement; in addition, applying common sense understanding to better serve our guests’ needs.
- Physical Demands:
- • Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- • Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
- • Must be able to lift up, push and pull to 40 pounds at a time.
- • Consistently climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches.
- • Consistently turning and moving of hands, arms, feet, and legs.
- Vision Requirements:
- Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
- Often works outdoors in both hot and cold temperatures. Occasionally works in wet areas.
- Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability Preferences
- • Strong attention to detail.
- • Must be able to successfully complete assignments or tasks with little supervision.
- • Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate with coworkers to accomplish all work goals and assigned tasks.
- • Aware of the alarm sound and signals for starting the equipment or systems.
- • Must be able to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.