$23.00 - $30.00
People Ready Skilled Trades is looking for experienced Pipefitters for commercial work in the Nashville, TN area.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- Observes production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- Loads, transports, and unloads material, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Observes and complies with all safety and project rules and all company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as require
Qualifications & Experience
- • Always attentive to detail and alert to ensure safety
- • Journey-level experience required
- • Must be able to pass background check and drug screen for this project specifically
- • Ability to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers
- • Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- • Ability to learn basic computer skills to communicate via email, document daily work and progress, and track
- procurement and status
Other Jobs in Your Area
Crane Operator – PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCENASHVILLE, Tennessee
Iron Worker – UP TO $22/HOURNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Commercial ElectricianNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Industrial Electrician – PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCENASHVILLE, Tennessee
Commercial Finish Trim Carpenter Up to $24NASHVILLE, Tennessee
Concrete Form Carpenter – UP TO $24/HOURNASHVILLE, Tennessee
HVAC Preventative Maintenance – Short Term, High PayNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Low Voltage ElectricianNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Cabinet Maker – TraineeNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Heavy Equipment Operator Up to $25+NASHVILLE, Tennessee
Skilled Trades PositionsNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Welder – UP TO $22/HOURNASHVILLE, Tennessee
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.