Combat Vehicle MechanicFORT BLISS, Texas
FORT BLISS, Texas
Temp to Perm
Abrams Combat Vehicle Mechanics are experienced maintenance mechanics, familiar with the deprocessing and maintenance tasks on the variations of the Abrams Tanks (M1A1ED, M1A2SEP V2, M104, HAB) and other tracked/wheeled vehicles.
- Provide input to program planning, schedules, and maintenance techniques for the Abrams Fleet Vehicles
- Identify technical problems and assist Field Service Representative in performing maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leadership responsible for maintenance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have one (1) or more years of maintenance experience on tracked vehicles; preferably on the Abrams Family of Tanks.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to gain access to US Military facilities or bases; including a NACI clearance if required.
- Must be a U.S. person.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team oriented structure in field and shop environment, both on and off military installations.
- Ability to contribute in the problem solving process.
- Efficient knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
- Required to work at heights, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to climb, and work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must have a valid State Driver's License and be able to obtain a tank driver & license.
- Must meet the anthropometric requirements (ASR) to entry into the driver& station or into an enclosed military vehicle.
- Must have overall understanding of customer contacts and relationships.
- Maintain accountability of assigned tools and property.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.