Temp to Perm
$20.00 - $26.00
We are currently hiring Sheetmetal Mechanic for work at a large government contractor in Portsmouth and surrounding yards. Sheetmetal Mechanics set up and operate machines such as drill presses, shears, bending rolls, brakes, grinders and numerical control equipment to shape and alter sheetmetal according to specifications.
– Great Pay
– Overtime Likely
– 6+ month
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, layout, fabricate, install, and repair sheet metal products related to shipboard construction HVAC and habitability and have an excellent knowledge of the various types of metals and sizes.
- Excellent knowledge of Habitability layout and installation of metal joiner (MJ) bulkheads, MJ doors, berths, galleys and office outfitting.
- Operate press brake, hand brake, power rollers, hand rollers, general sheet metal fabrication equipment.
- Write WAFs and hot work tickets and perform trade quality assurance work, with little to no supervision.
- Must have the ability to assemble ventilation runs in accordance with drawings, specifications and meet Navy shipboard standard detail requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 year of Marine Sheetmetal experience, preferably on Navy Ships.
- Must be able to pass a background check to gain access to all local Naval bases.
- Must be willing to work overtime
Other Jobs in Your Area
Production SchedulerNORFOLK, Virginia
Production SchedulerNorfolk, Virginia
Safety TechnicianNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Sheetmetal MechanicNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNorfolk, Virginia
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Insulator or LaggerNORFOLK, Virginia
Skilled Laborers and FirewatchNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Structural WelderNORFOLK, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.