PeopleReady is now hiring for Mechanics. Stryker Combat Vehicle Mechanics are experienced maintenance mechanics, familiar with the deprocessing and maintenance tasks on the family of Stryker vehicles!
Please call 757-230-2866 to speak with a recruiter today!
Skilled Trades Recruiter: Laura Rawls
Perform trouble shooting on Stryker Family of Vehicles for specific faults, failures and deficiencies.
Ability to utilize download equipment to transfer and read data to manage software configuration.
Understand and describe acronyms related to turret and related LRU systems.
Identify parts through IETM, Schematics and cross reference based on vehicle configuration.
Perform preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on family of “Stryker” Vehicles.
Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in automotive systems (power-pack) engine, transmission, cooling, fuel, exhaust, driveline and suspension using built in test equipment (BITE), test equipment and/or manual troubleshooting procedures (MTPs), common and special tools and applicable technical documentation.
Repair sub-systems and components, line replacement units (LRU’s) of the “Stryker”. Perform maintenance steps to accomplish repairs will include disassembling, removing and replacing worn/ damaged/defective part(s), adjusting, reassembling and testing using applicable technical documentation.
Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in hydraulic systems common to all “Stryker” or unique to variants of the “Stryker” vehicle.
Complete maintenance and administrative forms and other paperwork related to performance of duties.
Read and interpret troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures and flow diagrams for systems, subsystems and components.
Skilled in computer operation and Microsoft operating systems. (Word, EXCEL and Power-point)
Maintain accountability of special tools, test equipment and property and ensuring proper use of personnel protective equipment as deemed appropriate
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 to 5 years related work experience required.
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills along with professional demeanor that extends to all levels of the organization.
- Proven progressive problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Strong strategic thinking, organizational, and judgment skills.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently.
- Display leadership qualities as well as the ability to articulate directions and effectively train/mentor others.
- Promote and maintain a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork in achieving business objectives.
- Experience and/or ability to interact with multiple departmental technologies (i.e., engineering, business, technology, etc.).
- Knowledge of GDLS products, processes, and military terminology preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
- Documented trade school, certified technical training or commercial training.
- Must be able to meet and maintain ASR requirements
- Must be able to gain and maintain access to military facilities.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.